Saunier Duval THEMACLASSIC F30E boiler diverter problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice gratefully received.

I have a Saunier Duval THEMACLASSIC F30E combi boiler, that was fitted about 3 years ago.

About a year ago (the month after the warranty expired) i noticed that when the hot water was put on, the radiators warmed up (late summer-when heating was off).

During last winter when running baths I noticed that the temperature of the hot water depended on whether the heating was on and what temperature the heating was set to.

If I turn boiler off and leave it for 10 seconds and then turn it back on the it works perfectly.... and this is where i am confused and wonder whether it's electrical or mechanical.

Also what i don't know if whether it has ever worked properly, as I had a problem with secondary heat exchanger being clogged after about 6 months of install, but was that the only issue at the time.

From this I have worked out that there is a problem with either the diverter valve or the "command" being sent to the diverter valve.

A friend recommended replacing the diverter valve completely but I don't want to spend this money if it doesn't fix it (if possible).
I have seen lots of similar posts over the past 12 months for this issue but almost no one posts how they eventually fixed it.

Any advice on the best order to investigate gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back