Saunier Duval HW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello gents

I'm currently having my kitchen/bathroom redone, and they're almost finished, however we're having problems with the boiler (a Saunier Duval Thelia 23E)

The CH comes on ok, but it makes a whoosing sound as if the boiler is filling up with water or the pressure is increasing and decreasing, and then as soon as we turn on a HW tap the pilot goes out.

From what I've read on these forums I'm wondering if it's a problem with the diverter valve diaphragm? Any ideas?

The other problem is that the pressure guage seems to be stuck on just over 1 bar, which obviously isn't helping matters.

If anyone could help I'd be most grateful, We've been without HW for about 3 weeks!

Sponsored Links
Have you tried increasing the system pressure?

It sounds as if its empty!

Tony

Would the CH work if the system was empty?

As the pressure guage is stuck it's difficult to tell.

The boiler was not lighting at all a few days ago and the plumber we're using told me he would bleed the system. I assume he must've refilled it to make the CH work, but every time HW is demanded the pilot goes out.

Never assume anything!

Why do you seem to be so resistant to increasing the pressure???

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I'm not resistant, I'm just at work at the moment!
I'll have a look tonight, cheers Tony

Do you know of any reason the pressure guage might be sticking? I think that'd help me in my investigation!

Quite often a very small bit of crud in the system water can block the pressure gauge inlet tube on a lot of boilers, not just yours. Ideal minis seem the worst for this that I have come across.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back