Saving old e-mails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all;
How can I save old Hotmail e-mails on to my laptops' hard drive so that I can read/print them without having to go on-line all the time. I'm also worried incase they somehow disappear.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Does Hotmail allow you to access mails externally through POP3 for example? If so, get a free mail client like Outlook Express (there are probably better ones but I'm out of touch) and set it to download all the mails.

Just download Mozilla Thunderbird and set it up to read your Hotmail account by POP.

I did this on my Gmail accounts and it has downloaded over 200,000 emails from over 23 email accounts. I am treating it as a backup, I can backup the message store where & how I want (4.7gb).

Sponsored Links
You can just use any POP3 email client (Outlook, Express, Live Mail etc) and set this up to read your Hotmail account, and then once the emails are downloaded, you can save them to disk, or archive them to a zip file or something

You can also use another free web email such as Gmail, and import the Hotmail account to that. Also, Gmail has an off-line email feature, so see if Hotmail has this too - if it does this may solve your problem

Just remember with gmail, if you send from the web page, then there's no headers, but,,, if you send from an email client on your computer (thunderbird/outlook express etc) then header information is sent.
I do a bit of scambaiting and use gmail, but only via the web page (so my IP addy can't be traced by the scammers) ;) ;) ;)

You can just use any POP3 email client (Outlook, Express, Live Mail etc) and set this up to read your Hotmail account,
I use OE, but the woman uses Hotmail, can you tell me the settings I need to use to set up OE for her?

Back