1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

sawdust not moving

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by sllca, 9 Apr 2021.

1. sllca

sllca

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello

everyone

I have recently taken up a new hobby, routing wood signs. I bought a Katsu trim router and it is great but vision is poor when routing out the lettering on the signs. I have glued LED light to the base but still struggling with vision. I have been watching " FISHTANK5050 " on youtube and he is a very gifted woodworker, and his videos are excellent to follow and pick up endless knowledge. I have followed in his footsteps and bought a very old Black and Decker DN66 router. It works like a dream and vision is excellent. my only problem is the router does not blow away the sawdust while cutting, making it almost impossible to see where to router next. My question is could I use a portable airbrush compressor and attach a pipe to the router to blow away the dust. FISHTANK5050 uses a Hobbyair 70 with rubber foot pad which works a treat. Unfortunately these compressors are no longer available and I am looking to do this cheap as possible.

Hope you can help a newbie

Thanks

Steve

2. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Vacuum?

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    12v computer fan fixed alongside?

5. big-all

big-all

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    never ever a good idea to blow sawdust around as both bad for your lungs and very flammable
    are you using a kit and guide bushes ??

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Suction via a vacuum is the best way. Blowing it will simply cast it up into the air and create a 'fog' making visibility even worse.
    Not to mention the damage it will be doing to your lungs, (unless you are wearing a high pressure ventilation suit.)