sawing mdf

I was routing a quarter round moulding on some MDF display cabinets once when the small router slipped out of my grasp. Tried my hardest to grab it before it hit the floor and managed to grab it by the wrong end :eek: :eek:
Cut 2 fingers almost through to bone. Swore then , never to try to grab anything I drop. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
I was routing a quarter round moulding on some MDF display cabinets once when the small router slipped out of my grasp. Tried my hardest to grab it before it hit the floor and managed to grab it by the wrong end :eek: :eek:
Cut 2 fingers almost through to bone. Swore then , never to try to grab anything I drop. ;) ;)

When you are in that agony, and you said you swore to not do it again, I once dropped something large and heavy on my foot, and as nobody was around, I swore, but took a moment out, and decided not to scream out in agony..

Was it an all out argh! or oops! I understand the context.

When i was an apprentice,in the 70s, one of the older boys came in to work with his hand all bandaged up,he did exactly the same thing,but with a circular saw!!

I once charged a client a couple of grand (plus £250 for paint) to repaint his hall and a room.

On walking thru the door after his holiday he noticed that i had used the hall emulsion in the room and visa versa.

Fortunately he liked the colours. I felt like such a prat!!!

10 years later and I still work for him.

Sponsored Links
I did a similar thing when cutting kitchen worktops with my shiny new plunge router.

After a few runs at 8mm depth increments I thought "Shouldn't I have cut through by now?", so stopped in mid-cut and realised I'd neatly routed an 18" long groove in the top of my workmate.

I tell people its a pencil/drillbit recess... :LOL:
awesome i love it only used a stand a couple of times but first time i did same thats what you get for going on the lash the night before doin worktops on a job lol

My workmate is 4" shorter too.

I was checking out a very old 3 phase isolator and found it had a lot of metal grinding dust. So, as you do, I blew in it to clear it out, the dust allowed an arc and it blew up in face. Luckily I only went blind............for 2 minutes and then had arc eye for 2 days.

As my old man would say.. If you wouldn't stick your dick in it dont stick your finger in it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back