Sawing Wood Clading - That is already on the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a small box room, that has wooden cladding around the bottom half of the walls, all the way down to the skirting board.

I am going to be making this room into an office, however, at present there are only 2 single sockets in the room, as i will be powering a few electrical items (pc, xbox etc) i was going to try and install some double sockets (my brother is an electrician).

Unfortunatley the wooden cladding has been fixed to the wall using some sort of 'no more nails' adhesive, therefore if i was to take it off of the wall i would no doubt end up damagine the cladding, or the wall behind it, therefore does anyone know of a tool that i can use to saw/cut the cladding even though it is still fixed to the wall (therefore making space for a double socket, where a single socket once lived)?

Thanks

Alex

Sponsored Links
you could try 1 of them exact saws that are sold on the shoping channels,ive seen the results pretty dam good,or a fein multi master or equvilent tool iirc bosch.

are you saying theres a single socket in the cladding and you want to increase the opening to a double!!!

if so yes a bosch progressor or 180eand iff your lucky the thickness off the cladding the glue space and the plaster will = a back box and save the blades trying to cut brick ;)

Why not use one of those 'Converta' outlets? Converts single gang to double gang (maybe into triple gang) using the original back box or patress, and using the same 2 locating screws.... quite a slick bit of kit really. John :)

Sponsored Links
why not just use surge protectors???.your electrics should be safe from power surges then too and no cutting involved and when you move you can take them with you

Bosch 180 or a rotozip saw will cut easily, though if it's cheap cladding a stanley will cut thru with a few strokes.The single to triple converter is an easy option.Or even quad.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SINGLE-DOUBLE-TO-4-GANG-EASY-SOCKET-CONVERTER-CONV4_W0QQitemZ370275167376QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DIY_Material_Electrical_Fittings_MJ?hash=item56361eac90

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back