Scaffolding Prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in the Home Counties and in a two-storey mid-terrace house. The house next door (on left) is two foot lower than mine so the wall at the top of my house on the side is higher than that house so exposed and sadly the brickwork has weathered, pointing gone or flashing gone ... anyway damp is getting into my attic. A roofer came today but like the one before did not get on the roof and told me that I'd need scaffolding erected for him to examine the damage, seek the problem and then deal with it. He quoted me £250 to erect scaffolding on the front elevation and £300 if it needed more at the rear (and then presumably link the two with a walkway over the house?). Is this a decent price?

Sponsored Links
sounds alright to me. it'll be a ladder at the front and another at the back though, can't see them putting a ladder frame walkway over your roof from front to back, i'd guess they'd just walk on your neightbours roof - i did say guess ;)

Why cant they put a ladder up to have a look at the problem? Your house is two storey you say, ground floor and first floor. Do you live on a steep hill so dangerous to put a ladder up? Scaffolding price doesnt seem crazy but is it needed for what may be a broken tile or slipped flashing?

Sponsored Links
Am I being too harsh or expecting too much that a roofer gets up a ladder and has a look? Have Health and safety rules stopped roofers getting onto a roof via a ladder??

No. There are certain internet sites where you can check a roofers rated recommendations from previous customers. Maybe try that? If i lived in your area i would have been up that roof in a flash, given an honest asessment & done the job. Shame i dont like Kent much or i think id make a good living there! No offence!

Shame you cant get some photos up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back