scaffolding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The people next door to us want to erect scaffolding on my property.
As they are doing building work (Plans past by council)Can i refuse him erecting scaffolding on my land.I will not be able to park our car down my drive it will be left on the road.
Scaffolding is not in the party wall notice .

Sponsored Links
Yes you can refuse ... its your land!

However, if the neighbour serves notice under the Party Wall Act (if it applies) then if access scaffold is specifically mentioned in the Award, then he will have the right to place scaffold on your land for the purpose of the work

But in the interests of being neighbourly, you need to agree something

Could they not erect the scaffolding so as not to block your driveway? Maybe by erecting it so that it straddles the driveway with a space under it for the car, a bit like how it's often built over footpaths infront of shops etc.

Sponsored Links
IMHO being a good neighbour and letting them is the best option.

Make sure there is an end date specified for when it will be taken down. Not sure if you can add a penalty clause but there are a few stories on here of people getting stuck with scaffolding longer than agreed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back