Scale in macerator exit pipe removal please help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a horizontal(ish) solvent-bonded 18mm pvc pipe about 8m long with a couple of joints along the way. It is totally inaccessible other than then ends. It has limescale along its length of about 3mm thick all the way around it. How can remove this without damaging the pipe?

Thanks,

Michael

Sponsored Links
Block the lowest end and fill with a limescale removing solution?

Sponsored Links
Block the lowest end and fill with a limescale removing solution?

What solution would be best? I don't want to damage the solvent bonds. How long will it take? Will it dissolve by itself or need some kind of pipecleaning brush afterwards? There seems to be an awful lot of it.

Thanks,

Michael

I'd suggest a power (or powder) flush... If you can find a plumber who'll do it!

Maybe ring Saniflo, see if they have a proven procedure and a team who'll do it.

Is it possible to cut the pipe at both ends, tie/tape some rope to one end and pull the pipe through to remove it - allowing a replacement to be pulled through?
Or is it all clipped up?

Disconnect both ends of the discharge pipe and run a small snake down the pipe, being 21.5mm overflow pipe you may have to cut the head off to get it through the 135 bends. Then block one end and fill the pipe with the descaler shown in post #10 (use neat) and leave for a week. Reconnect the pipe at the pump end and see how that goes, one flush over 8m should mean the motor runs for around 10-12 seconds.
I have doubts the motor actually died on the old Sanipro and believe there is a metal jubilee clip missing where the non-return valve meets the inner discharge pipe, check installation guide for this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back