Scalpel for cutting wallpaper

E

EddieM

Not being a surgeon I know nothing about the various types of scalpel available so let's say I lot for some Swann Morton ones what should I go for ?

Sponsored Links
Ok but they come in numbers and different form factors? I suppose if it's just slicing wallpaper it doesn't really matter.

Sponsored Links
9mm snap off is all you need, Snap off a new blade after every couple of cuts to keep a sharp edge.

Pound shop, about 8 plastic knives for a pound, all snap offs. Works great for wallpapering.

I put lining paper up a while ago and was getting through quite a few of the snap-off blades, getting more and more frustrated. I opted to use a scalpel blade (partner is a nurse) but these were awful and just tore the paper.

Solution = buy more snap off blades!

I tend to use a olfa myself, but i carry a small sharpening stone in my toolbag to run the blade over a couple of times to bring the blade back....makes them last a little longer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back