Scantronic 9100 Expander part no 9124

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to source a 4 zone expander, Scantronic part no 9124, but without success. I have been keeping an eye in Ebay and in fact (as recommended via a previous posting here) purchased a 4 zone expander board which had been advertised as suitable for Scantronic 6000 + 9100 systems. Unfortunately, when it arrived (damaged) it clearly wasn't a 9124 board in any case and it wouldn't fit the 9100 panel.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a possible supply source for a used 9124 4 zone expansion board, it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Not been made for years.
Even I have run out of the spares for them.

IIRC madman41 did some tricks with a 9100, hang about he lurks here and might be able to help.

But no wholesaler will have them, maybe another engineer might have some knocking about.
Try the other alarm system websites and ask there, someone will have the part in a shed somewhere.

Just repace it. Been obsolete for years, bung in a 9751 with a hwx if need be, search them on ebay, not too expensive

Thanks for the mention Alarm, :cool: i wish i could help but afraid not as it is obsolete. I did have an expander spair about 3 months back but i give it to my dads mate for his alarm on his car garage. Put a new pannel is all i can suggest. Alarm's advice is usually spot on await his golden knowledge lol.

Sponsored Links
No worries MM41.

I only suggested as the panel is solid, basic now but solid.
To the OP. A 9751 is a way to go if your still a scanny fan. 9651 is a bit smaller but has 8 zones.
About all you can do unless you split zones and have them latching.

Great panels in their time.

good!!!! but it wont work as the 8 zone expander plugs onto the 4 zone expansion card so you need the 4 zone card to start.!!!!!!!

good!!!! but it wont work as the 8 zone expander plugs onto the 4 zone expansion card so you need the 4 zone card to start.!!!!!!!

See this bit ?????

Not exactly what you want but depending on the situation it might do the trick

I could get it working with the panel with a little effort and a soldering Iron.

not really what you want to be doing. is it ! and misleading someone else about a part which will not work without modification.

Awww had a bad week.
It clearly states " Not exactly what you want" as well as "obselete".

Go on, you make a suggestion utilising the existing.
Again your just out for a peeing contest.

As for "not really what you are wanting to be doing" You not seen a 9100 hooked up to a PC. Remote setting and unsetting via modem.

Bet you have never been imaginative. Applied some knowledge to something others thought was impossible. Assisted in design and core programming of the products you use?

and when that poor guy buys the 8 zone expansion and comes back here asking where do i plug it on, what will your answer be ? mmmmm may be the same as the answer to the premier 24 having areas... not. how many psi awards have you won ?

So your pulling me on a quest about an area on a P24.
Which was corrected by yourself IIRC, one reason we have a forum is to try and make sure the answers are correct. So others can assist and help.
I made another error, to save you the time........GEN4 now has prox.

One thing you may have noticed is I can accept in being incorrect, and then remedy the situation. Not sit back and try and gloat.
Your becoming rather boring, what exactly is your "expertise". Your not very active in the Electrical forums, yet profess to be a "Sparky". Your not adept with any Fire, cctv , access and associated IP questions.

As you have decided tonights the night, care to answer the above?
Also why you have no rapport with the security professionals.
You might fit some kit, but you have only scratched the surface of a multi roll service providor.

I digressed, your again wrong in assumptions and in answer to the other I do not see what a PSI award has to do with it. I was working before this was worth reading :D

Twist those words about as well if you wish.

One thing you may have noticed is I can accept in being incorrect, and then remedy the situation. Not sit back and try and gloat.

Really, all I read was you getting ultra defensive for agreeing with someone else who made a genuine mistake. Move on both of you and stop getting your knickers in a twist, all it took was a quick "you need X to be able to use Y, but you both turned it into a penis competition.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back