Scantronic 9448+ Alarm

is it safe now to put the E/E contact back in and the anti tamper circuit and see what happens?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help. I'll send a message on here when I've done it and let you know how I got on

Damage Report:

1. PIR With Anti Tamper connected - No Tamper Light on when coming out of programming mode. YAY!
2. E/E With Tamper Connected (no PIR/Anti Tamper Connected) - Tamper Light ON / Internal sounder screeching
3. PIR Disconnected & E/E Disconnected (including relevant AT) Bell Tamper Connected - Tamper Light ON / Internal Sounder Screeching

I have ordered a new Door Magnet for the front door, this will rule out a problem with the magnet. 99% Certain that our bell box will have a rechargeable battery in that is completely dead hence the tamper showing.

Sponsored Links
How do I do that?

I've got my Multimeter. Do I just check the AT Wires for Voltage? I've already checked them on the ohms range and getting a steady 2.0 ohms.

So remove e/e wires and check one core to the tamper cables ....eg red core to black core , now to blue core , then yellow core to black core , blue core ....if you get a reading eg 2.0 ohms there is a short ...

Here goes:

Red / Yellow are the zone wires Blue / Black are tamper.

Red to Black - Meter Reading OL
Red to Blue - Meter Reading OL
Yellow to Black - Meter Reading OL
Yellow to Blue - Meter Reading OL

Continuity Test - Negative on all as above

Black to Blue - 2.0 ohms (give or take .1 ohms either way)

Hi All,

I have changed the front door magnetic switch. I've wired it in and now I got no tamper alarm (which is good) however, there is no chime happening either when opening the door. I have set the chime setting to zone 7 (Entry/Exit) in the engineers section as per the user manual.

I have checked the reed switch using an LED and a 9v battery and magnet. The LED does come on when a magnet is close so the reed switch is working perfectly. I just don't get why there isn't a chime coming from the control panel when the door is opened. I have the front door wired into the EE contact on the panel and the global tamper in place as per the example wiring on page 21 (Fig 19) of the installation and programming manual I downloaded.

Any ideas at all? Tomorrow (Saturday) I'm gonna test for any breaks in the wiring.

Thanks in advance.

A3DA7A31-F57C-4556-BF25-A6410F790A6A.png No ... you have set chime zones in engineering ....now you need to activate chime from user ....

ok I have set the chime from the user. I haven't yet tested it out as it's late so I will try it out tomorrow.

I did an alarm test earlier and when I opened the door it didn't start any countdown there was no sound at all, but when I triggered the PIR I have set up the internal alarm sounded as expected. However, there was nothing when I opened the door.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi All,

Have tried the door again but still no chime from the system when the door is opened. Checked the wiring by putting an LED on the end of the wires in the control panel and applying power from 9v battery from the door end. LED comes on so no breaks in the cable. Not being detected on a walk test either. It's a flush mount door contact (swapped it like for like).

cqr-fc504-wh-main.jpg

I don't see what the problem could be?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back