Scantronic 9448+ - Faulty Code Panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Scantronic 9448+ original alarm that It has not been serviced at all in 15+ years, as it has worked fine up to now.

The keypad has started to be difficult on certain numbers, so I changed the code. However, it is still not always responding to the code (it beeps when numbers are pressed, but doesn't deactivate).

Is it possible to repair/replace the keypad please? If so, how?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Thank you for replying.

The keypad is built into the alarm control box rather than a separate standalone keypad. I did search online but it seemed to just bring up photos of either a new more rounded control box with the same 9448+ number or a separate standalone key pad. Does it mean replacing the full control box? Thank you

Or clip out the pcb , remove the keypad mat , clean with a cotton bud and meths…it normally works

Sponsored Links
Thank you for replying again.

I am relatively confident but also a novice.

Based on reading other posts, and caution, I assume 1) switch off electric to alarm at the fuse box 2) open control box and enter code to switch off anti-tamper 3) unclip pcb 4) clean the back of keypad and also panel 5) reassemble 6) power back on?

Thank you

I finally found time to look at this further. I removed the fuse, opened the panel and put the code in to switch off the alarm.

I could unclip the panel below it but it still seems to be fastened in somehow (not just slotted in at the top). I didn't want to force it out - am I missing a fixing (or screw/bolt) somewhere please? Do I need to remove those two screws between the top and bottom green lights, or is there something else holding it in? I didn't want to remove if it then broke the control panel.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2332.jpeg
    IMG_2332.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 32
Thank you. Control panel removed, key pad and contacts cleaned with alcohol. Alarm buttons are now much better and seem to be working correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back