Scantronic 9448+ has been serviced but problem remains

I've been using Vipers/Shockguard for over 20 years and never had a faulty one yet. BTW they cost less than a tenner. I'd link it out for a few days if I were you.

you have no way of knowing that - are you actually saying you have NEVER had an alarm from a shockguard in over 20 years - "just turned it down guv, honest it`ll still pick up an intruder" - madness.

Sponsored Links
I'm saying I've never had a faulty one, never changed one. They are frequency specific. You just have to know where best to site them.

Follow Up:

The alarm company came on Saturday and replaced the sensor. After the engineer left I armed the alarm and after about 4 hours it went off again without any vibration to trigger it. The panel showed the zone that was triggered was the one with sensor they'd replaced.

So the sensor has been replaced and the battery has been tested so does this point to a wiring fault of some description?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back