Scantronic 9448+ low battery????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My 9448 panels have the green power led flashing, don't think i've noticed that before. Does this mean that the battery needs changing, i've had it 4.5 years now so i'll change it anyway.

I would just like to know for sure why the power led is flashing????

Thanks,

Dale

Sponsored Links
You've lost mains power. You need to restore it.

Thanks Joe,

I came downstairs this morning and the power led was solid again. This is very strange because I had not lost power last night in the rest of the house, I wonder if there was a fault with the panel??

Is the battery hot? A bad battery can drag the voltage down. Change the battery and see how you go.

Sponsored Links
Hi Joe,
I came back to the house after being out this evening and the outside bell box was making a strange chirping noise. When I looked at the remote keypads the power light was flashing again. I checked the incoming supply. it was o.k. I was getting 20v after the transformer but the battery was now only sitting at 4.5v. I found a 1a fuse was gone so luckily there were spares in the panel so I replaced it and it seems o.k again (power light solid) I just hope it does not blow again!
The one I removed looked complete although the the wire inside was not straight like normal it was extremely curved, could it be that last night this was a bad connection and it made again then completely went tonight?

It's unlikely. Sounds like the battery is shorting to me. You are better off disconnecting it until you get a new one or the voltage regulator will pack up and then it's a new panel.

Disconnect the battery and take a voltage reading off the battery leads. If the reading is over 15 volts or under 12 volts the panel is a scrapper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back