Scantronic 9448 replaced battery and now doesnt work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I tried to set my alarm the other day and nothing happened, someone said battery needed replacing so I removed the battery - without doing any codes or anything - just yanked it out :(

I have replaced it with a new one and nothing happens. If I remove it, the alarm bell sounds.

I am at a loss :( I dont have a clue what to do so any help would be appreciated. The strobe is flashing outside as if the alarm is sounding

The backlight is lit but when I press buttons - nothing!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi power light lit ? have had a few 9448+ panels blow the tx fuse when the battery goes faulty transformer overheating due to faulty battery check the ac tx fuse.

Hi - power light not lit either - just green glow on buttons

Not sure how to check the fuse (non technical/electrical female :oops: )

hi first thing have you got a fuse spur at the side of the alarm panel a white box with a fuse slot on it ? if so remove the fuse with a flat blade screwdriver as there is 240v ac inside the alarm panel. you will need a 1amp fast blow fuse when you open the panel you will see 3 fuses 2 are vertical 1 is horizontal the middle one is the lv ac fuse replace this fuse. you may be lucky and there may be a little clear bag inside the panel with 2 fuses inside when you open the pane,l you will hwve to enter your code to stop the alarm. any problems email me via the profile.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks. I do have the little box with the fuse in. I will try this tomorrow and message you if any problems. Thanks for your help :)

hi hope this helps, dont leave it too long as the battery will not last too long and you may end up having to replace it again as you are probably running on battery back up only.

So the fuses inside are under the little brown covers? I will need to try and get one tomorrow.

no little bag inside ???? or at side of transformer a fuse in a small round holder ???

Nope no loittle bag inside and cant see anything in a holder (not sure what transformer is)

Will battery last long? Brand new in today. Is there a way to disconnect so that battery doesnt die?

hi depends on how many detectors/ keypads/ bellboxes you have on system they all have a ma rating most systems are desiged to have a 8 hour standby capacity but all depends on what you have on system.

OK thanks. Has to wait until tomorrow so fingers crossed. If battery dies, when power is back on - will it recharge battery or will I have to buy new one?

depends what normally happens is eg a 2.1 ah battery will normally hold 2.1ah capacity if you run it flat it can damage the cells inside its will probably re charge but next time it may only hold 1.0 ah half the standby (4hrs) standby time in a power cut this is only an example it may even damage the battery beyound recharge or as before blow the transformer fuse or the battery fuse. sorry but it is a if or what answer.

ok any problems email me, had same problem with alarm in long eaton a few months ago as i work down ther most days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back