Scantronic 9448 upgrade options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I moved into a house with a Scantronic 9448 alarm, about 14 years old.
I would like to upgrade to a more modern system with remote keypad, sms notification, maybe iPhone app etc.
Ideally I would like to use the existing wired PIRs & magnetic frame switches already installed and add additional wireless add-ons.
Is this possible?

Any help gratefully accepted.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Just fit a Yale Wireless Smartphone Enabled Alarm, everything is wireless and easy to fit, you can control it from your Iphone as well.
If you live near London I can install it for you (for a small charge!)

Hmmm fit yale..... Better of with a proper alarm. Check texecom & pyronix for a more professional system. There are others but don't know anyone who fits yale professionally.

Go with Texecom or pyronix
Steer clear of Yale
Look on this site to see how many people have problems with Yale and you can not get the answers to your faults as no professional installer users this equipment and can not answer the questions

Sponsored Links
A local installer has suggested a risco cpx with wireless option. He would replace the old panel with the risco and wire in a keypad nearer the front door, he doesn't do wireless keypad system as they are unreliable he says.
I wanted an option for night time part setting of system, he says a radio fob can be provided to do this.

Anyhow he quoted £345 for panel + wireless module + new sounder + radio fob.

Not sure if to go for this or not.
Any comments welcome.

T

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back