Scantronic 9448

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Scantronic 9448 intruder alarm. It is the older 3 zone version with rubber keypad buttons. The buttons are getting worn, which makes it harder to select the code. I have changed the code a few times to vary the buttons. You can easily prise them out of the keypad. Does anyone know if you can buy these rubber buttons as replacements.
Regards.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No .... Remove the pcb there will be two small screws behind the keypad, remove these then gently prise out the pcb , be carefull not to break the clips as they will be brittle , now peel off the keypad , wash it in the sink with warm water and dry , once dry gently rub the carbon blobs on the back of the rubber keymat with a piece of kitchen paper towel if the blobs still look shiney clean again ( I sometimes use meths on a cloth ) and give the carbon track on the panel pcb a clean , put back together and test ...
If you still have issues , buy a new panel <£30 for 9448style

No
That model of 9448 not made any more and you can not get replacement keypad pads.

Sponsored Links
The link above is for the 9448+ Mine is the model before that. The buttons on the 9448+ are attached to a membrane, and a bigger size, so these cannot be interchanged. I think that the reply from Sparkymarka refers to the 9448+ as well.

Last edited:
I hopefully attached a file, showing my alarm.

Attachments

• 9448Discontinued.pdf
    104.8 KB · Views: 724
I know what a 9448 looks like ( not a plus or a style ) they came out around 1991/2 . The plus keys will fit but are rubbish as they had less carbon on the back to let the backlight work...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back