Scantronic 9651 - Anyway to turn off system completely?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
We moved in few years ago and have a Scantronic 9651 with 9930 panel. We don't have engineer code and landlord doesn't either. I do have user 1 code.
Our backup battery is flat and past 3 nights we have been woken up at stupid o'clock with beeping of the control panel. 10 minutes later it beeps again, it's getting annoying.
We have an appointment with an engineer as arranged by landlord but not until after the weekend, I'm going insane having my sleep broken by this beeping.
We don't actually use the alarm as we have cats who would constantly set it off anyway. Is there a way I can just power down the whole system and that's that?

Sponsored Links
Just try turning the power off to it and unplugging the battery in the main panel. The bell box may have a backup battery in it but if it's old it won't sound for long. If you don't want it going off just plug it back in or like ^ said you will need some ladders. Or just buy a new battery if it's that what's causing it to beep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back