Scantronic 9651 Batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I have a situation with a low batteries which are Good
Alarm panel is brand new system With the alarm system in engineer mode After three days the batteries have recharged up When using system that batteries run down Obviously I am using too much power How can I get over this problem Can I get another 12 V DC charger And put on the positive side of the feeds to bellboxes and the pir ?

Sponsored Links
with what a multimeter ? that dont mean a thing you need a battery test meter that will tell you the capacity of battery it can say the battery has 13.60 v but no capacity, ive had new batteries which some control panels didnt like, even when the battery tester said it had full capacity

Sponsored Links
You do have a permanent mains supply to the panel, don't you?

You can check the battery fuse with your meter (removed from the panel first though). It should be a 2A Fast blow.

If the fuse is ok, put your meter leads on the battery connection leads to see that you have a charge voltage present. (First removed from the battery obviously)

hi guys thank you for your help
Yes I am getting 13 votes to the battery only briefly before it trips outs it out the only fuse in the panel is the supply fuse which is 250 mA fuse

I'm slightly confused.

Are we talking about the main stand by battery?

The fuse you seem to refer to as a 250ma fuse will the mains supply fuse, do not uprate this fuse. If it keeps blowing return the panel for a new one.

Please confirm you are not switching off the mains to the panel. The system is designed to be mains fed permanently not switched off, and allowed to run on batteries. Which is what it sounds like your doing.

Ii believe the 9651 still use a thermal/overload fuse which resets itself after being tripped.

Some new panels now remove voltage from the battery leads when there is no battery connected, I'm unsure what this panel does.

Do not connect a external DC supply to anything at this stage.

Yes you are correct the 250 mA is the main fuse No I am not turning off the power issues mains fed constantly What is happening is the thermal fuse keeps tripping out and not charging up the batteries enough
I do believe that I am overloading the thermal fuse the reasons why
I have two bellboxes ,internal sounder and the main Battery in the box
To charge all of these are but I do believe it is overloading itself all the time So how can I get over this problem
Thank you for your reply as well
Mark

I'd suggest the bttery is duff and drwing to much current whilst trying to charge.

How do you know the fuse is tripping? Is it just the panel reporting low battery?

Do you know how to use a DVM for testing current?

I appreciate the comments, but if you have a bog standard multimeter and know basically how to use three settings, I can help you out on this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back