Scantronic 9651 - keypad frozen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Scantronic 9651 which was installed by the previous owners of my new house and has worked fine for several months. The other day, the keypad made a loud beep and when I looked at the keypad the date and time had rolled back to Feb 15 2007 00:00. So I changed the date and time back to the current date time and then after about 30 mins, the keypad beeped and the date was back to Feb 15 2007 00:00. No error messages on the lcd screen and no Alert or Service leds. The alarm would arm and disarm without any issue.

Then after a couple of days the keypad completely froze with the LCD saying “Ver 4.00 Feb 15 2007” and the Alert, Service and Mains lamp illuminated (see photo). The keys on the keypad beep when pressed, but the screen doesn’t change. Pressing A, B, C etc doesn’t do anything either so can’t arm the system anymore.

I’ve looked through the troubleshooting section of the manual tried to restore the system by performing the following with no luck:

1. Remove mains power.

2. Open the case and disconnect the battery – external siren goes off when the battery is disconnected.

3. Identify the NVM Reset pins and Kick Start pins on the main PCB (refer to Chapter 3).

4. Short circuit the NVM Reset pins with a wire link.

5. Short circuit the Kick Start pins with a wire link.

6. Reconnect the battery – external siren stops ringing.

7. Remove the wire links from the NVM Reset pins and Kick Start pins. The control unit will load the factory default access codes listed above.

8. Close the control unit.

9. Apply mains power.

10. Carry out an engineer reset.

After doing the above the keypad is still frozen and the display hasn’t changed. Has anyone experienced issues like this or have any idea’s what could be the cause? The system was installed Dec 2015 to my knowledge.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• 20181128_115721.jpg
    20181128_115721.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 270
Sponsored Links
Disconnected the keypad and wire it onto the panel this will rule out any keypad wiring issues ... if it's still the same ... replace possibly both keypad and panel

Hi Figure it out,
You previously posted a comment about an alarm unit which froze with the keypad displaying version. 2007, I currently have the same problem with the same system and was wondering if you manged to get to the bottom of it? I have been recommended to replace the circuit board/brain?
Any information would be appreciated
Thanking you in advance
Kind Regards
JJ

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/conversations/alarm-frozen.36877/#ixzz7B5MN34bm

Sponsored Links
Hi
Managed to get hold of the installer who said it looks like must have been a power surge, tried all of the above, it's like the system is in a coma, probably easier to change the brain/unit
Thank you

Ended up replacing unit & keypad (to be safe) with i-on10, I belive this is the one that has replaced the 9651, so hopefully this fairs better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back