Scantronic 9651 to SAB wiring problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I do hope someone here is familiar with this and can advise me on the correct wiring/parameters as I've never fitted an alarm system but come from a heavy electronics background so I sort of know what to do but not entirely from the handbook.

The bell is a ODYSSEY 1E Texecom, now when i run the test via the LCD manual to sound such item, it works fine. But when it comes to actually working when the system is set it wont do anything, the strobe nor the sounder will not work.

Within the system there is only one door contact and one passive. Each are set to NA for normal alarm. Only the door contact will sound the internal LCD sounder when tripped.

Each sensor will display as triggered when doing a walk test.

Purple cable is wired from Strobe to OP2
Orange cable is wired from 0v to 0v
Green cable is wired from Tmp to TR
Blue cable is wired from Bell to OP1
Yellow cable is wired from 12v to 12V Aux

Here is some images of the current wiring

4.png
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Please excuse if the correct colour wires are not used for their colour purpose.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Looks ok ....what are the leds doing on the Texecom bell box ? And how are you triggering the alarm ? Does the keypad omit an alarm sound ?

Looks ok ....what are the leds doing on the Texecom bell box ? And how are you triggering the alarm ? Does the keypad omit an alarm sound ?

The two LED's currently flash on/off sequentially. When you say triggering the alarm, I'm assuming you mean how is it being controlled as I'm not savy to the alarm lingo. The only wiring to that box is directly to the motherboard which is what is above. The keypad works fine, that emits sounds as and when it should.

Ok in simple terms ....you set the alarm ...exit sound stops .ok you activate a zone , which zone ....what happens ? For an example you activate zone 1 which may be an entry exit zone ...the internal sounder may activate before the bell kicks in leave it at least a minute..

Sponsored Links
Alright, so zone 1 or A as they call it on this one. I've only got one zone which has the passive/contact. Setting the system I enter my code and that's all i do, 20 seconds, counts down with an audible sound. I have to set the alarm with the door shut otherwise nothing will work, if I move the passives will prevent it being set too. Just to be clear this is within a garage not a home so hasn't got massive amounts of connections. Once set it sounds a quick 1 second alarm from the bell box( very irritating and I'd like to turn it off as I often enter in the early hours so the neighbours would likely have words with me).

Once set lets say if I trigger the passive, it goes through its LED cycle of green, amber and red on the passive but no further action happens regards to any sounders. The door on the other hand, once opened it will trip the alarm but only the keypad will emit a sound.

Also i must add is that the strobe does work when the alarm is set off via the door contact.

I honestly don't think I have, i'm not too sure what they should be set to either if I haven't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back