Scantronic 9651

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am a complete novice when it comes to alarms and systems . The problem I am having is my alarm system has randomly set off 2 times recently .
It did not accept my pincode to turn it off and I had to to use 1234 .
It now has a message of “ checking bus” and the top left hazard sign led is on. please can anyone suggest a step to step guide of exactly what I need to do or what is required to solve the problem . Thank you very much in advance .
Samantha

Sponsored Links
It could be various issues from a faulty battery to a damaged keypad cable ....what did it say when it activated before ?

After the first time it reset and just displayed the date and time ?
This time when the alarm went off the keypad was unresponsive/ buzzing noise and not allowing me to enter anything .
I went to the garage and turned of the fuse which powers the keypad entry so now it’s just off .
Thanks .

So you turned off the fuse and it’s now dead ? But you didn’t disconnect the battery ? If so it points at a faulty battery ,but these panels normally flag up battery missing when it’s faulty !

Sponsored Links
Thanks . I did disconnect the battery and switched everything off as it was just not going off ? So need to call an installer ideally then do you think ?
Covid and more expenditure ‍♀️

Hi I am a complete novice when it comes to alarms and systems . The problem I am having is my alarm system has randomly set off 2 times recently .
It did not accept my pincode to turn it off and I had to to use 1234 .
It now has a message of “ checking bus” and the top left hazard sign led is on. please can anyone suggest a step to step guide of exactly what I need to do or what is required to solve the problem . Thank you very much in advance .
Samantha
Hi Samantha,

I hope you are doing well! I am having the same problem that you experienced with my home alarm which is scantronic 9651 model. It has resetted itself and does not accept my pin code and had to use 1234. Also, it beeps in the night and resetting itself. Please can I ask how you managed to resolve your issue? I am ok with DIY so I can do it myself instead of calling an electrician. Thank you

Probably a short or faulty battery ….don’t call an electrician as most won’t have a clue …call an alarm company , better still ask friends or neighbours for a recommendation …

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back