scantronic 9751 alarm 9930 keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have moved into a apartment and have started to use the alarm. But the exit volume is very very loud and lasts 30 seconds. Our neighbours will not be amused. I have checked the manual but there is no way it can be adjusted by the user. We have tried to contact the name on the 9930 panel - I assume the installer but the line is dead. Alarm installed approx. 12 years ago. On checking the internet I have found that you require an engineer code Number 45 to adjust volume - I have tried the default 7890 but it is invalid. How do I get engineer code!

Sponsored Links
Well, if it has been like that for 12 years, I would suggest there has been no problem with the neighbours.

Have you asked them?

Or change the speaker for a smaller one or as seen loads of times .... Cover up the speaker .... 😯

Sponsored Links
Or default the codes as described in the Installers Manual - first stage reset. Don't forget to add the zero the front of the engineer's code, e.g. 07890...

As I mentioned we have just moved in. I am sure that the alarm was not operated by previous tenants after checking with our neighbour below. I have done a 1 st stage reset as advised by another forum. The volume was set at maximum 9 - default is 5. The exit warning was as loud as the alarm when it went off!!.Prior to the reset I was able to contact original installer who could not remember code. Some points to remember when doing reset which are in not in instructions. I thought if alarm was not set that when you removed lid there would no alarm!!. As soon as lid was removed alarm went off. Keyed in our number and alarm was silenced. On reconnecting the battery after short circuiting the pins the alarm again goes off. This time you have to use default 1234 and put it in twice. After replacing box lid and connecting power. There will be a warning on keypad - lid tamper - require reset. Input 0 7890 then 99 and tick and tick again to confirm.

................................................. I thought if alarm was not set that when you removed lid there would no alarm!!. As soon as lid was removed alarm went off. Keyed in our number and alarm was silenced. On reconnecting the battery after short circuiting the pins the alarm again goes off. This time you have to use default 1234 and put it in twice. After replacing box lid and connecting power. There will be a warning on keypad - lid tamper - require reset. Input 0 7890 then 99 and tick and tick again to confirm.
Wouldn't be much of an alarm system otherwise would it?

I am curious as to why an alarm would go off if the lid is removed if the alarm is not " set " by the owner. If the owner did not set alarm and was not on the premises and a intruder did enter and no alarm was activated why would they go the control box and remove lid! and activate alarm. I understand that if the alarm is " set " and an intruder tampers with box that it activates alarm. It looks to me that this system has been set up so that owner will have to contact installer to deactivate tamper to replace a battery for example.

For heaven's sake, it's an alarm system, a security system, whatever you want to call it.

Is anyone with any alarm system going to be standing over it during every moment it is 'off' to make sure that no one is trying to defeat it? No, of course not. That is why all the anti-tamper circuits work 24/7 alarm on or not.

Just think about it. :rolleyes:

Its got NOTHING to do with your last sentence.

It stops would-be burglars from opening up your panel (or detectors) and chopping all the wires to disable the alarm. Despite what you see in films, it is not possible to defeat an alarm by cutting the red (or blue) wire or by using a bit of foil from a cigarette packet or chewing gum wrapper!!

If you generate a tamper (by any means) you can stop the noise with the user code. You will be able to reset it if the tamper condition has gone away (and the installer has programmed it for user tamper resets).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back