scantronic 9751 open zone error help pleeeese!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys hoping someone can help me trouble shoot my Intruder Alarm.
Just recently my alarm will not set as it comes up with open zone error for back door.
The whole system is hard wired including the door contacts.
I took off the front door contact and swapped it with the back door but I still have the same error so that rules out a faulty door contact right?
I thought for the time bieng if I could omit the back door but my system wont allow it as it had not been programmed to omit zones.
Anyways should I try to programme the controller to omit the faulty zone so atleast I can set the alarm?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is it resistor wired or normal ? If normal remove the two single wires off the contact and twist together , now try the alarm ....if it's still open it may be a cable issue ...

Thanks for the swift reply spakymarka.
I don't know if it's resistor wired. I read somewhere if I open the pir I can tell if it's resistor wired as it would have resistors.
I will need to open the pir and get back.

Sorry I'm a total novice to alarms which 2 wires would I need to disconnect and twist to gather. (If you are referring to the ones in the door contact I already tried that but it didn't solve the problem).

Sponsored Links
Sorry I may have not worded correctly.
I swapped contact with front door contact and I still have error for back door so I don't think the contact was faulty.

Unless I have to clear the fault ??

quick update...........It wasnt Eol it was normal 4 wire.
For now I have managed to omit the troubled zone and I can set the alarm.
When I have more time I will see if I can trace the cable closer to the control panel and twist the 2 wires after cutting the cable. If that works I can connect a new cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back