scantronic 9800 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,
i have the above burglar alarm installed in a house i bought three years ago. alarm has been working fine for the past three years.
last week it went off on its own when the misses was at home. she put in the code and it stopped.
however it came up with a c27 code and now we cannot do anything with it.we cannot reset it nor clear the code for it to go back to normal.
basically nothing i press works.
can someone please advice as to what i can do to reset it.
thanks

Sponsored Links
c27 is not a code associated with the Scantronic 9800 panel.

The c prefix signifies Circuit and the number the Circuit number, the 9800 only has 8 Circuits so c1 to 8 is the only combination available.

I would suggest that the display has been misread, have another look, also noting any lights that are showing and post back

or better still a picture of said keypad.

how to post a picture is in forum information

thanks guys. you were right. the code is actually c7 and its flashing continuously. it also has a red fault light on. also the red day light is on.

Sponsored Links
Ah, ha, c7, Circuit no.7 caused the alarm to sound. Do you know what c7 is?

Do you have a panic button, (PA) could this have been pushed while cleaning, or a child, if so, it needs to be reset before the panel can be reset, if you see what I mean?

The PA I expect would be a metal or plastic box with a long red button (sometimes two) on one end about the size of a packet of 20 cigs.

many thanks,Europlex. you were completely right. the panic button in the kitchen had been activated. used the key to reset it and bingo. the panel is now working fine. thank you very much.most appreciated. have a wonderful xmas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back