Scantronic 9800 entry and exit zones.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate some help.
The present arrangement I have has zone 1 as our main entry/exit to the house. It is set up as 6 9 B C. 6 for entry route, 9 for double knock, B for being armed in part set B and C for being armed in part set C. The entry time is now set for 20 seconds and the exit time for 10 seconds.
We plan now to use either of 2 doors for entry/exit. The second door is in zone 2.
I have the user guide for the 9800 but!
It does not mention if more than one entry/exit zones can be used. Can I program zone 2 to be an entry/exit zone as well? Using the same parameters I now use in zone 1?
Also in the programming options there is a final exit [5]. When would you use the final exit option? and if applicable can it be used for both the entry/exit doors?

Sponsored Links
Yes
Final door is used with a magnetic door contact. If both entry points are contacts on doors the final exit can be used.
Final exit sets the alarm as soon as the door is closed and count down timer stops.
If your entry exit is a pir then Do Not use final exit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. Forgive me if I don't use the correct terminology in my reply below.
All my doors have contacts.
I inherited the system when the house was purchased. Up to now it has operated without problem so previously I have not investigated changes. At present it has zone 1 designated as "entry route" with "double knock"- I don't know why?
From your replies am I right to assume that I can make both zone 1 and zone 2 "final exit"?
If I use "final exit" - does this mean that as long as all the door contacts are made before the "exit time" delay has timed out the alarm will be set?
Also on entry - After I have opened one/more doors If I disarm the system before the "entry time" delay has timed out will the system unset correctly [no alarm?]

My present routine on leaving is to open exit door on zone 1, set alarm, step outside and close the door. Alarm sets.
My proposed additional option. All doors will be closed. Set alarm which is located in zone 1, open and close internal door which is also in zone 1, Open outside door in zone 2, step outside, close door, alarm sets.

Hope you can understand my logic?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back