Scantronic 9800 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with an alarm problem with the Scantronic 9800.

Last night, returned home to see a Bf message, which after entering user code changes to r1. The internal sounders were also sounding.

After removing the mains supply, disconnecting and reconnecting the main panel battery (outside siren sounded), and keying the user code managed to silence it, but this was still with the mains disconnected. A couple of hours later (1am) the internal sounders sparked into life again (I assume this was the panel battery discharged). Reconnecting the mains silenced this.

This morning, the keypad is continually beeping, but none of the lights on the panel are working, and the user code makes no beeps when entered, nor does it make any difference to the continuous beeping.

Questions are;
Is there a battery in the Keypad that may need replacing ?
Does it sound like the panel battery that needs replacing (was replaced about 3 years ago) ?
I believe there is a battery in the bellbox, and am concerned that this will be triggered by the fault circuit if both the mains and battery are disconnected.
Can the bell box siren be disconnected from the control panel without activating the bell box ?
Can the same be done to the keypad ?
Any other suggestions ?

Sorry for all the questions, but next step may be to pull the whole thing out if I can't get it sorted.

Sponsored Links
assuming you have 240v to the fused spur it just needs a new control panel battery

power it all down (outside sounder should be ringing)

mains on

connect new battery

replace lid

enter code

if it still doesnt accept codes then it`ll need a reboot as described in the manual - good luck

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Will get a new battery and give it a go, and let you know how things go.

In respect of the r1 message, is this probably in relation to the battery problem (the manual suggests remote keypad back tamper).

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Will get a new battery and give it a go, and let you know how things go.

In respect of the r1 message, is this probably in relation to the battery problem (the manual suggests remote keypad back tamper).

you`ll get allsorts - sr , rr etc etc r1 often comes up

Sponsored Links
assuming you have 240v to the fused spur it just needs a new control panel battery

mains on

connect new battery

replace lid

enter code

if it still doesnt accept codes then it`ll need a reboot as described in the manual - good luck

The manual shows otherwise. Battery - then mains.

mains on

connect new battery

replace lid

enter code

The manual shows otherwise. Battery - then mains.

NO JOE, THE MANUAL SHOWS THAT FOR A PLANNED POWER DOWN - NOT A MAINS OFF DUFF BATTERY SITUATION

read my signature

The manual is quite clear. You should have your posts edited for giving out duff information.

The manual is quite clear. You should have your posts edited for giving out duff information.

boring - however ont his occasion you are wrong again - the manual contains very specific advice on what to do to a " apparently faulty" system.

We work on this stuff day in day out, the manual cannot cover every possibility - that comes from eng. knowledge and tech support

is there not a convention on this forum to only post if you can give advice

Tell us what special properties that mains supply has over a smooth battery output. If you can't, then stop pushing your advice which is against the engineer manual for the panel.

Tell us what special properties that mains supply has over a smooth battery output. If you can't, then stop pushing your advice which is against the engineer manual for the panel.

Joe if you want an argument go to your local pub and push in front of the big bloke at the bar - your very very boorish

I want you to tell everyone why you are pushing this 'mains first' argument when it causes more harm than good, is dangerous and totally unnecessary.

It is also against the advice of the manufacturer.

I want you to tell everyone why you are pushing this 'mains first' argument when it causes more harm than good, is dangerous and totally unnecessary.

It is also against the advice of the manufacturer.

BORING - Ring Tech support tommorrow and ask them

You explain the technical reason please. (he won't)

You explain the technical reason please. (he won't)

ring tech support - we do regularly let them explain it to you, they tried explaining it to me once but I fell asleep, bit like reading your drivel

In other words you don't know.

Oh and why do you need tech support if you've been in business for 30 years?

The only time I've ever called them is if I've left the manual in the office.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back