Scantronic 9800 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words you don't know.

Oh and why do you need tech support if you've been in business for 30 years?

The only time I've ever called them is if I've left the manual in the office.

and with that post you prove how very little you actually know

O/P - IGNORE THIS FOOL, HAVE A LOOK AT HIS POST HISTORY, HE SEEMS TO GET OFF ON READING MANUALS, AS I SAID POWER IT DOWN,POWER IT BACK UP MAINS FIRST, IF THAT DOESNT WORK YOU`LL NEED TO REBOOT BUT IMO THATS AN ENGINEER ONLY JOB

GOOD LUCK

Sponsored Links
Wrong. Take it from the manufacturer not some clown on a forum.

HMM - you really dont get forums either do you - so from now on your ignored by me and hopefully everyone else will see how little you know but how much noise you make about it

You are telling the poster to take action that may well damage his equipment - yet you are unable to say why you are giving this information (against the manufacturers instructions).

Sponsored Links
You are telling the poster to take action that may well damage his equipment - yet you are unable to say why you are giving this information (against the manufacturers instructions).

it will NOT damage his equipment (for it is already damaged) as someone said somewhere else - why do you bother posting when you have nothing of substance to say

you truley are an odious,boring little man someone told me the keith miller character was based on you - I can beleive it

You really have not got a clue have you!!!
You post absolute drivel whilst adopting a position of knowledge yet know nothing.
I asked previously. "are you a manufacturer?" silence was deafening!!
NSI Gold means nothing when Joe-90 (with chip on each shoulder) spouts nonsense.

Because not everything is in the manual. And some installers work closely with the manufacturer. As a plasterer, you don't come into that category.

Regarding the manual, well, i'm amazed, you quote it verbatim, didn't think you even needed one. The really funny bit is, you only refer to obsolete kit, so manuals are all available on the web.

Because not everything is in the manual. And some installers work closely with the manufacturer. As a plasterer, you don't come into that category.

Regarding the manual, well, i'm amazed, you quote it verbatim, didn't think you even needed one. The really funny bit is, you only refer to obsolete kit, so manuals are all available on the web.

I have a copy of the 9800 manual - do you? If you do then quote where it says mains first.

You really have not got a clue have you!!!
You post absolute drivel whilst adopting a position of knowledge yet know nothing.
I asked previously. "are you a manufacturer?" silence was deafening!!
NSI Gold means nothing when Joe-90 (with chip on each shoulder) spouts nonsense.

Why don't we enter into a technical discussion on whether it should be mains or battery? Would you like to start? (he won't)

I have a copy of the 9800 manual - do you? If you do then quote where it says mains first.

you boring little man -

page 12 quote

".... fit the cover to the main control unit and ensure that the remote keypad(s) are secureley fitted and the tamper switches closed. SWITCH ON THE MAINS POWER, go to the keypad and proceed as follows........"

and at the bottom of the same page quote

"note2 when the system is in engineer mode.THE BATTERY,DC POWER, BELLS AND STROBE can be connected to the system"

the advice on page 46 (appendix2) was acknowledged by tech support as a printing error back in 1990 same as the errors on page 20 / page 25 and page 30 - I would suggest you go back and recheck your old systems if you didnt swop the ones and zero`s round

That's for the intial power up - not subsequent power ups.

I quote from the 9800 manual:

To return to defaults:

1) Remove all power - both mains and battery.

2) Remove the NVM chip IC4.

3)Power up the panel - BATTERY first then mains.

4) Refit the NVM chip. The panel will now load the standard factory default codes.

What more do you need mate?

" Once again a good thread has been ruined by bickering!"

I am quoting the manufacturers instructions direct from the officially released manual.

" Once again a good thread has been ruined by bickering!"

I am quoting the manufacturers instructions direct from the officially released manual.

yep and as I said that was accepted as a misprint twenty odd years ago - Joe you have no idea what you are doing, you have no idea how the systems work - I dont claim technical superiority I post what the trade do and thats the whole point of internet forums

you on the other hand seem to be showing signs of OCD in relation to manuals - why not listen to the mods and the rest of the trade members on this site and delete yourself ( or at least restrict yourself to something you really do know about - shouldnt you be in lessons at this time of day?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back