scantronic 9800

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
internal bell/sounder wiring?

I have a 12v internal bell/sounder to be wired into the alarm panel.

I moved the alarm and didn't mark where it was wired in and now im stuck.

any one able to tell me where it wires in?

only two wires (red and blue)

can take pictures if needed?

Sponsored Links
Is it a speaker or a sounder ? across the ls terminals if its a sounder across 12+(red) and bell (blue). bottom of pcb around 9/10 terminals up.

originally it sounded when the alarm went off... and also beeped when the battery was low (or the mains unplugged) it was originally wired in somewhere ... on the board that has BUR and AUX and lots of NC's and NO's but i cant remember where on there it was.

Sponsored Links
http://imageshack.us/g/1/9875357/

as a side note, is it worth replacing this alarm system.

obviously I have all wiring in place to sensors and pirs.

But if its worth upgrading. do you have any good alarm reccomendations (obv not too expensive) - keeping sensors and pirs.

first if its working dont replace it, they are rock solid as long as keypad buttons are ok, secound its a speaker and you wire it to the speaker terminals just below zone 8 on the the control panel. ok

Broke a leg of nv ram chip resetting it. Any idea where or what chip I can use as replacement?

Whats the details off the chip, I'll have a look in my old scanny programmer box to see if I have one I can send to you.

Hi there

Thanks ever so much for the help sparky and redpis
It's an

EXEL XL93LC46P..

side note where does the red and black wire go for the speaker ? Across the two ls terminals and not to 12v etc (i assume the ls terminals provide the relevant power)

Ta

HI,

The ones I have which were used with a Scantronic programmer are:

P57AL93C46N

If you cant track your exact one down, I can send you one of these to try

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back