Scantronic 9850 Reset Access Codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have the above 16 zone panel with two 9930 keypads attached to an SD1 Menvier dialler.

I would like to add another user to the system as per the user manual and find I cannot amend the existing codes apart from the two that I know are in the system. I believe a total of 8 different user codes can be added but I do not know the other 6 that are taken up but not in use.

Following the instructions in the installer manual I have done the following:
1. Entered Engineer Installer Mode.
2. Isolated the mains.
3. Removed the cover.
4. Disconnected the battery. At this point the external sounder starts.
5. Shorted out the NVM and the Kick Start pins.
6. Replaced the battery connections.
7. Removed the shorted pin links.
8. Replaced the cover.
9. Turned on the mains.

The default codes of 1234 are not active, only the existing codes that I know are.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20200310-180739.png Screenshot_20200310-180321.png
Enter master code press 4
Old code
X005
New code
This should change user 5 to 4321

Cheers Jo, job sorted. I tried this for users X003, X004 with no luck as I didn't know the existing codes. However this has enabled me to add two new user codes. I will leave the mystery codes. I did try the soft reset as previously stated but it didn't blank out all the existing codes. I didn't want to try anything more drastic otherwise I may have ended up with a full system re-programme and that is most likely above my abilities.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back