Scantronic 9853 Tamper Reset?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our Scantronic 9853 alarm went off last night, put in the user code to stop it and it came up with a BELL TAMPER message on the display and I could not set the alarm again. Tried going into installer mode but when it came out again the same BELL TAMPER message appeared.
This morning I took the lid off the bell box and the anti tamper kicked in so that appears to be working OK but I now have BELL TAMPER and LID TAMPER messages on the display and can't seem to clear them, also noticed that the other keypads have a BUSY message on them.

Any ideas on what I need to do to clear the tamper messages to enable me to be able to set the alarm again?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry should of also mentioned that I took the lid off of the panel box and the alarm didn't sound, is this because the alarm was unset and had a tamper message or does it indicate a fault?

The system may be programmed to engineer reset on tamper fault.
Do you have engineer code.
Post picture of bell box,may have faulty microswitch,switch may need adjusting,damaged bel cable.

Sponsored Links
put a link between TR and 0v and report back, that'll like out the bell tamper and then you should be able to reset with the installer code

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back