Scantronic i-on40 single door contact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This being a hybrid system, all the detectors and contacts I'm using are wired. I'm using FSL wiring system and I'm using the resistors supplied (2.2K & 4.7k). So the wiring in the PIR's is like this;

___________________4k7
PIR - zone ---------A___/ ____ A ------2k2----T T---------zone, so the 4k7 is across the alarm circuit and the 2k2 is in line with the tamper circuit, this is correct right?

for the door contact I've done the same - the 4k7 across the reed and the 2k2 in line.

On the system I've set this up as Final exit and this is set to chime but whatever I do it does not chime! I only set it up to chime only because I could not for the life of me get it to work on the system - it simply was configured but behaving like it was not there. When I run the walk test it seems to work and if I go into the Facilities and check that the chime is enabled it works while I'm in that menu but as soon as I exit out, it stops.

I'm not fussed about the chime but I want to make sure it wired correctly and working!

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Wiring sounds okay, does it walk test okay?
Turn on chime in zone programming under attributes.
Then in user menu turn it on also.

Thanks Alarm, will give that a go.

Just read on another post on this site that I should have the contact on a different zone/circuit. It is on its own zone but does share the wiring at the control panel with another zone, should I have it completely separate? Also should I configure it as a double knock?

Thanks again

Well its EOL/FSL it needs to be separate.
And do not put contacts on double knock.

Sponsored Links
it is on its own but you know when wiring the zones up at the panel you have a total of 3 connectors for every 2 zones, one alarm wire from each zone into the corresponding connector and then you join the remaining two together and they go into the middle connector.

I will try what you have suggested and come back to you Alarm

thanks mate

Yes a common negative, so to speak. So 3 inputs share two zones.

I thought you meant you were going to put two zones into the same pair, as in parallel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back