Scantronics 9800 Alarm - External Sounder "Squaks" at night!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
My ageing Scantronics 9800+ alarm system has developed a weird fault. At night the external sounder squaks away to itself sometimes quietly, sometimes loud enough to annoy the neighbours. The control panel shows no faults, and during the day it makes no noise!

Initially I replaced the external sounder battery suspecting that after 20 years it could have failed! But no sucess
Then I removed the external sounder battery, again no sucsess.
I guess by a process of elimination the fault must lie in the main control panel but that it only happens at night is weird.

Has anybody any suggestions.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice.

Yes, that was my next action and one was ordered yesterday. The existing sounder sounds fine on bell the test so I did wonder if the trigger output on the control board was playing up, and if anyone had anything similar occur. I am hoping it is the sounder, other than replacing the main unit battery every 5 years or so the alarm has given me no problems!

Sods law, it made no noise last night!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back