Schedule of Test results-what would YOU do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

recently finished some work for a mate, replaced part of Ring final on Ground floor, added a few points to it, as well as some decorative lighting on a Fused Spur from the same circuit. Commissioned, tested, bish bash bosh. However...
I decided the work was more than you could reasonably put on a Minor works, but now have the following dilemmna.
I haven't changed the characteristics of any other circuits, or added significantly to the loading on the installation. Would you fill out the Schedule of Test results just for the altered circuit, or do I have to go throught the pain of testing all the circuits?
My thought was to just fill it out for the ring and mark down on the certificate as a limitation. Correct?
All help appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
When completing an EIC you need only complete it for that particular circuit. You do not complete for circuits you haven't worked on.
Apart from making sure all the main bonding is in place.

I was taught that you could use a MWC for this - its not a new circuit - just extending an existing without in your words significantly altering the potential load. Similarly I was taught that a spur off was not a new circuit - so a MWC would suffice.

I'm sure others may take teh view that a spur is a new circuit but I was always taught that a new circuit was one that either started afresh at the CU in a spare way as a radial or started and returned as a ring.

Sounds like the actual if the teh potential loading is not that high and the characteristics havent realistically changed.

Prepare for incoming contrary views.

Sponsored Links
Keep it simple, Minor Works, that's the sort of job they're for.

Thing is, as i said I've replaced part of the cable run, including the tails going into the CU, so going by what I was taught at college, the new cable constitues a 'new circuit', or at least part of one.
However, it looks as though, having read all your replies and the Regs (again! :evil: ) I've been given a bum steer! MWC it is!

Thanks guys, always best to ask, I've found :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back