Scheppach Tiger Wet Stone Grinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this grinder for years and it became an ornament in my shed.

More recently I dragged it out and discovered a problem other than the headache of truing the stone and getting a square grind.

The stone supplied is 8 inch with the stone comes a plastic Jig with preset angles. The idea is to place the chisel in the clamp rest it on the stone then use the Jig to set the correct grinding angle, 25 degrees in this case. All chisels ground with this method.

When I put the ground chisel in the honing guide so I could use the graded whetstones, i noticed the honing edge wasn't touching the whetstone.

On the chopsaw I cut a piece of timber at 60 degrees to check the honing guide against the whetstone, yep the chisel in the guide would give a 30 degree secondary bevel, if it touched.

Now I have the challenge of making a Jig which would give me a 25 degree grind everytime, I have no idea how to achieve this?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
I have Record Power wet stone machine. The honing "guide" is designed so that as the wheel becomes smaller, you can adjust the guide.

Look for WG250/T Angle Setting Gauge at

My wheel is 10" but as it grinds away, I can adjust the WG250/T. I has easy to read markings for 9", 8". 7", 6" wheels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back