School Reunion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to one last night at my old seniors school in Wolverhampton. Not been back for 30 yrs and remember it like it was yesterday.

Bit of a poor turn out probably 10% of each yr attending but very enjoyable. Every one was virtually recognisable but the yrs had taken their toll and middle age spread was very much evident! :LOL:

Also teachers who were feared were now just old people ready for the old folks home. :LOL:
Anyone else been to a school reunion after many yrs.

Sponsored Links
My one and only school reunion was 10 years after leaving school and to be honest I didn't really enjoy it that much.

Most of the people I knew and liked at school I had stayed in touch with and the ones I didn't like turned up but I didn't want to talk to them any more than I did 10 years earlier :rolleyes:

There were a couple I had lost touch with that were interesting to catch up with but of course the worse was that the ones I had fancied at school didn't turn up anyway :cry:

I'd not really be one for school reunions, but had a job that I worked in schools, so bumped into my old teachers..

Amazingly, old teachers at my Primary school still worked there, and remembered me (ouch - I wonder why!), +20 years after I left.

I'd love to work in my old school, teaching assistant, or looking after the computers etc, for free, but even though I have CRB clearance etc, too much red tape to do so, even for free.

I went to one recently, would have been 20 years since leaving. Some of the women though, especially the ones that were quite tasty at 17 were now dog rough lol

Sponsored Links
Some of the women though, especially the ones that were quite tasty at 17 were now dog rough lol
and each with a few kiddies in tow.

I haven't been to a reunion.

I added a few school friends on facebook. One has a domineering wife who writes for him. Another(staunchly labour) deleted me after I said a few home truths about Gordon Browns legacy. He even blamed the 'coalition' for high fuel prices when they'd only been in 6 months.

I pointed out to him that fuel was about 55p/litre in 1996 before Tony Blair got his mitts on No. 10. He didn't like that and removed me from his friends list. :confused:

I'd love to work in my old school, teaching assistant, or looking after the computers etc, for free, but even though I have CRB clearance etc, too much red tape to do so, even for free.

The fact that you dont seem to get up until 12 midnight probably doesnt help either :mrgreen:

I also went to one about 12 years ago and thought it was a load of carp....most of the decent poeple keep in touch anyhow and the ones who were prats and bullshitters at school still were...its overated americanised hype

I wouldn't go to a school reunion for a big clock!

Even if I wanted to, my old seniors has been knocked down, :)

They are always good for a bit of extra circuli activity

Gate crashed the year belows reunion last year and one of the ex girlfriends came over and said you were not in our year to which i replied I was in half of your year............Took her a minute to work it out :LOL:

Once the drink takes hold, the most popular words said at these functions are..........." I always fancied you at school and you are still a very good looking woman/man."

They are always good for a bit of extra circuli activity

Gate crashed the year belows reunion last year and one of the ex girlfriends came over and said you were not in our year to which i replied I was in half of your year............Took her a minute to work it out :LOL:

Once the drink takes hold, the most popular words said at these functions are..........." I always fancied you at school and you are still a very good looking woman/man."

Blimey that must have been a rough school!

Sponsored Links
Back