School uniforms good or bad?

I remember my school being extremely fussy about our uniform and where it was bought from. When I started secondary school the full uniform (nearly 20 years ago) had recently been updated and cost around £100! The uniform was a blue embroidered jumper, white embroidered polo, black trousers, then the PE gear.

It was a struggle for my mum and dad that, so I remember them substituting the white embroidered polo top with one of those "Fruit of the Loom" white tees at half the price. I was sent home for not having the correct uniform.

They look neater on school photos but I question the need for them when they cost that much and are out-grown so, so quickly during that 11-16 age!

Sponsored Links
As for @jonbey, I was pointing out how Lal insisted someone else post evidence of how uniforms are good but didn't apply the same rule to him as he and Lal are both Pro-Europe, (that's what we like to call a double standard @noseall , save you getting your thesaurus out).

I still don't see how my opinion of school uniform can lead you to thinking i am allied with another member in some pro-europe movement. I guess it's the lazy argument against any opinion today though.

I still don't see how my opinion of school uniform can lead you to thinking i am allied with another member in some pro-europe movement. I guess it's the lazy argument against any opinion today though.

Your opinion is irrelevant to what I was saying other than it disagrees with what Elal said and no evidence was provided.

I guess it's the lazy argument against any opinion today though.

Seems a little ironic you should say that now.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, this is getting stupid.

Question. School uniforms good or bad?
Answer. Uniforms are good, it helps with equality. With no uniforms there will be a much more obvious divide between rich and poor.
Troll: Your opinion is irrelevant, you voted remain!

Stop making everything about bloody Brexit.

Suggestion to mods: Next person to mention EU, Brexit or make up bs about people in forum threads that are not about EU or Brexit should be deleted.

Logging out.

Sponsored Links
We have to take pity on SammyInnit...

He gets a bit fixated :)

To stop some one attending school because of the uniform seems daft, today it seems hard to arrange time off school, I know my grand daughters had a problem attending a family wedding, told must attend school, the answer was easy however, they attending school while in Turkey, Welsh school not happy, but duel nationality so not much they could do. Girls found themselves teaching rather than learning, and were not required to buy uniform for the two weeks stay.

Back