Scirocco 2015 rear wiper replacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have detached the holder from the rear of my Scirocco following break down of the rubber.
The remains of the blade have been removed.
I'm left with the holder.
There are no instructions in the manual.
Where do I go next please (it looks as though one of the end should come off to slide the new rubber in ??)

Sponsored Links
Is it one of these one-piece blades?

IMG_5410.jpeg

You have to replace the whole thing, you can’t replace just the rubber on those.

Many thanks for your quick reply.
No wonder I couldn't figure it out!
I find it quite absurd that there isn't a way of replacing this rubber.
Any guidance as to a source for a new one much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
OK. have just had the Bosch H251 delivered.
I am ashamed to say I can't figure out how to fit the enclosed "attacher" to the main unit,
There are some vague pix on the box I can't figure out.
Help!

If it’s the type in post #2 it’s this way.

If it’s the type in post #4, the whole thing just 'snaps' into place on the post that’s on the wiper arm
If it’s a different type, send us a picture or link to the part you bought.

OK. there is already an attachment that swivels on the frame pin.
Am I correct in assuming that this needs removing and replaced with
the attachment included in a plastic bag (which came with the package)
This blade is for a Scirocco of course, wondered if the attached fitting was for another vehicle?

Can you show us a picture of the top of the arm that is on your car and a picture of what you have bought including any attachments. It’ll be easier to explain once we know what you actually have.

OK. was about to take some pix and noticed on the reverse of the H251 box that it mentioned only the Polo
that would take the wiper. (this explains why I couldn't understand the pix that showed how to do the job!)
BOSCH seemed unlikely to have claimed that this also fitted the Scirocco if it was not the case.
The wiper had an attachment fitted when I received it, I took this off and substituted the fitting in the enclosed
plastic bag.
With some trepidation I approached the rear of the Scirocco and slid the attachment into the wiper arm.
To my delight it fitted nicely and works fine.
I do think the instructions on the box are the problem!
Many thanks for your replies.

Sponsored Links
Back