scooter trouble starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Piaggio Liberty 2 T scooter 50cc not a car :D it starts with no probs when left in the garage all day or night but I have trouble starting it when left out in the open during work ! it turns ove but takes about 15 times before it starts

I do have a hole in the exhaust which I have made a temporary repair with gum gum jubilee clips its still blowing a little so would that hinder the starting of it ?

also in the manual it says the exhaust is type with double cataylic converter could I just buy a "aftermarket" type which is much cheaper than genuine or do they do an emission test when performing a MOT
cheers and thanks for any replies P M

Sponsored Links
Still having a wee spot of bovver with this one then :p
The hole in the exhaust won't matter - it will still get the MOT so long as the thing isn't too loud, and by all means consider an after market cat as a replacement.
We mentioned a while ago that the battery is the main key to starting scooters up, but you can help things by putting a new spark plug in - it just gives it every chance.
Try using the kick start when the engine is cold - my bet is that it will start fine, and thats because the kickstart spins the engine over quicker than the electric starter.
John :)

I put exhaust repair paste on a hole in mine then pushed tuppence into it.
Added more paste then heated with blowlamp.

Never been a problem since.

Sponsored Links
Back