scrap copper pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any body know what the going rate is for copper im having a new system put in and will be left with some scrap, want to find out before i turn up at a dealers,thanks

Sponsored Links
This site gives guide prices for the last two months. Plumbing copper would be classed as 'braziery'.

My local scrap dealer always gives me a fair price, I believe. But if I didn't want to take what he offered, I'd have to pack everything back on the vehicle and try somewhere else: not an inviting prospect. So I never argue with him: there wouldn't be any point, and it would make my own life more difficult in the future.

Thankyou the site gave me some idea it will be worth it when i go i will have the in laws aswell,thanks again..

Sponsored Links
Please let us know how much you get for the in laws. If it's a good price, some people could get quite excited.

When I went to the scrappy about 4 weeks ago, the price of copper was £1800 a tonne. When I went back 2 weeks ago, it was £2000 a tonne.

I weighed in an older heating cylinder and 25kg of pipes, and got £96.

I went to the largest known place I could find by recommendation, and felt they were a good outfit and gave a fair price.

Copper is copper but it's braziery if you're too lazy to take any little bits of brass off it, unless it's a lot of copper with only a little brass attached. It can also depend on who you are, how much you have, the guy on the scales etc.
It's worth phoning round them because the amount they buy for can vary greatly.

Are you sure you'll be left with some scrap?, very often priced into the job these days, I don't know many folks who leave scrap copper.

they could be some mean outlaws.
the outlaw Josie Wales would gob on scrapmans dogs head.

Mask%20dog.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back