Scrap Part P?

Sponsored Links
Dingbat...

...where do you train and do you take on older students. Genuine interest and asked out of respect. Sorry if its breaking the rules asking the question.

Birmingham.

All the City & guilds short courses - 2377/2382/2391&2&3 plus EAWR and some in-house courses on demand.

All our students are ancient and decrepit! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: STI
Me too. Old and decrepit that is.

Dingbat I am Birmingham bred and born. Is your college anywhere near Sutton Coldfield

Sponsored Links
Is your college anywhere near Sutton Coldfield

College?

Hahah! No, I don't work for a college - I spend all my working time actually preparing and delivering knowledge, rather than creating heaps of paperwork to pretend to the government that a bunch of slackers is actually a treasure trove of valuable technical and intellectual capital.

We often get college lecturers attending our courses because they do not have the in-house resources to get up to speed with new regulations.

We're a small, private training company, just off Electric Avenue and not far from the Aston Vanilla ground. What course are you after?

Know it.

When i have got more real time experience, 2391. This is a change of direction for me so i need to get the stuff i have got under my belt including the language, electrical not english ! (although come to think of it). Then take the inspection and testing course but i am looking to go to a place where a) they're not just trying to hit quotas. b) Does have older types like me who do actually want to learn and c) have tutors who can impart knowledge and know where the real weaknesses are in the field. ie I note your comments in other posts regarding a real understanding of earthing, bonding, supplementary etc.

When i have got more real time experience, 2391.

Do you have any testing experience? If not, then consider the (far better) 2392 course.

But before that, you really should take the regs course - 2382. Unlike colleges and many other centres we don't just cram using loads of past papers. We teach the 2382 over five full days and last week a trainee electrician said he'd learned more in those five days then he had in two years at college.

... i am looking to go to a place where a) they're not just trying to hit quotas.

Phew, thank goodness for that !
(To be honest, we'd be over the moon if we got one through the exam!) :rolleyes:

Give the office a call on 358 5858 and have a chat about it.

Oh god here it comes!!! I have done the 2382 on a 4 week course (phew not a 5 day wonder courseit included other things, basic electrics etc.) but thats what i mean about getting things under my belt. Got the certificate. Great course and interestingly it was the time served sparks who found it more difficult. That said though when you compared their practical work to mine and any one else new to the trade, they absolutely blew us away. Its also fair to say in four weeks there is a lot to cram in and like everything else you get better as time goes on and in the course you dont know what you gont know. Its the day you leave the course you realise this :eek:

I will give the office a call, i have got some experience of testing , from the 2382 course, buti still need more for it to become a natural process.Thats why i am not rushing into the 239X
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back