Scratched glasses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My specs have become quite scratched, and I'm after some sort of really clever way to remove the scratching.

The lenses are plastic, and the scratching is only very light surface scatching, with the exception of one which is quite deep, and unlikely to be removed.

I thought about trying something like brasso or T-cut, but I don't want to risk making things worse than they already are. :D

Sponsored Links
I have been told if you polish scratches out it will change the prescription slightly.

I suppose it would be true.

boots.jpg

specsavers_logo.gif

etc . .

Boots have bogof at the moment.

Sponsored Links
yes, buy a new pair. Yours have (or should have) an antireflective and antiscratch coating on them, so this will come off if you polish them.

It is always worth buying a second pair, it is usually free or half price. I often get a pair of prescription dark glasses.

BTW, the main problem with scratched lenses (including cameras and telescopes) is light scatter,and you can cure this if you paint the scratches with matt black paint. Sounds like a joke but it's true.

if you rub them with a cloth even a soft one the dust on the lens will scratch them. I put washing up liquid on them and rinse them under warm water from a tap, then dab them dry. been doing this for years.

iff you rubb then with hey cloth evn a sofftt wone the gdust onbm n the lens will scratch them. I put washing up liquid on them and rinse them under warm water from ,a tap, .cvbmthen dab them dry. been doing this foghr years.

So I see :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back