Scratched Kitchen Worksurface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To cut a long story short have spent the last week looking after a relative's house whilst they went on holiday. Unfortunately we have put a large scratch on their kitchen worksurface (not granite). Is there anything on the market that will fill/polish out such a scratch? The worksurface is a mottled, dark grey colour (with a 10 inch scratch)!

Sponsored Links
JohnE said:
To cut a long story short have spent the last week looking after a relative's house whilst they went on holiday. Unfortunately we have put a large scratch on their kitchen worksurface (not granite). Is there anything on the market that will fill/polish out such a scratch? The worksurface is a mottled, dark grey colour (with a 10 inch scratch)!

colourfil may work

I agree colorfil is probably your best option, available from B&Q kitchen department.

Just tell them what happened and let them sort it. If they have to replace it it is still a cheap way to get their house looked after.

I'd never ask anyone to look after my place nor would I look after anyone elses.

Sponsored Links
T-cut (used for polishing out car scratches) may work if it is not deep.

I won't work John - you get a shiney patch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back