Scratched Paint off plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the past couple of years I didn't have a headboard for my bed. Its a divan type. Anyway I put the bed near to a wall. And low and behold I'm scratched some paint off the plasterboard. You can see the brown paper underneath.
I thought Gyproc was ivory on the face and brown on the reverse. Or is it ivory when it is going to be plastered.
Its a new build flat circa 2005. Anyway do I need to use a primer. Or will a couple of coats of matt emulsion sort it.

Sponsored Links
I would sand the area to get rid of any loose bits, bit of easyfill, leave to dry, sand down using a fine grade then paint.
Are you just going to paint that area or are going to do the whole wall?
The reason I ask is because unless you have the original paint this wall was painted with, you wont get a perfect match and will see the difference.
Before I do the easy fill part I normally put a bit mis coat paint on any bare plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back