Screed first or plaster first?? HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I am getting on very well with my self build extension project but I am at the stage where I have called in two pros and I am not sure what advice to take. The plumber has suggested we get the plastering done before the floor insulation and screed so that he can run the pipes exactly where he needs them to emerge where the radiators he will have on the plastered walls, the plasterer says this is OK too but I would have thought it better to get the floor insulated and screeded before the plastering so that I don't have to put in door liners etc in before the floor and then have problems with the floor height meeting the bottom of the door liners etc. On the one hand I can see their point on the other it seems a bit back to front. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers, Sicobra. :?: :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
To be honest if you want a neat job with the plumbing id plaster 1st ur guranteed to see as little pipe work as possible then

Sponsored Links
thanks guys, most helpfull, plaster is going on first, decided now so work starts next week!!!! cheers, Sicobra

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back