Screeding a sloping and very rough concrete garage floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All - first post :D

I've read the tutorial on self levelling compound on concrete floors but I'm after some specific advice on how to deal with my very roughly concreted and sloping garage floor.

It falls away by about 4" from back to front and I have no idea whether there is a DPM or not. Is there any particular material to use or techniques to use?

Also the room is about 4 mtrs wide by 4.5mtrs long, any ideas what the cost of materials would be for this size of job?

Thanks for any help!

David

Sponsored Links
Doh! Should have said that I want to level it out and convert it from garage to liveable space, it will probably have some form of wooden floor put down - laminate or similar.

Thanks for the reply!

Sponsored Links
:LOL: o.k then. To go that deep you will need a full screed ( sand cement ) not a smoothing compound. Maybe a type of battern system using wooden joists will be better/ cheaper for you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back