Screen Flickers to black and white and then back to colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , please can you offer any advice/info on the above issue which has occured since I had SKY installed about 2 months ago - , the screen flicks to black and white with a white noise/interference type of noise then jumps back to colour , this is an intermittent issue..

I can add more info if required i.e. how my system is set up etc scart leads however Im hopeful that someone may know what the issue coulde be on past experience

many thanks

stephen

Sponsored Links
what type of tv is it, older crt or newer LCD/plasma.
have you checked the connections, scart is a dodgy connector at the best of times, make sure its in fully, no pins bent.

you say intermittant, is it linked to any particular time of day, ie a worn CH thermostat can output quite a bt of RF noise, which could affect your TV this way, especially if its a CRT connected by the RF lead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back