Screw gun?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I bought one of these

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Pow...3+Autofeed+Screwdriver+240v/d40/sd2670/p38989

Don't laugh lol.

I bought one as someone recommend buying a pukka one, 200 quid + but there isnt the budget for that.

With the original screws in the original screw belts that it came with it was bloody effective and worked. They were however only 25mm screws. I have inserted 40mm screws into the belts and away I went, but didnt. the screws dont line up and keep wanting to fall out of the belt. Does anyone have any experience with these guns? do you have to use new belts every time?
Thanks

CoXen

Sponsored Links
I went and got some from toolstation first thing yesterday morning, gun proved brilliant after that

:D

Sponsored Links
im sorry but a wee came out when i read that :LOL:

Nice and cheap that driver - be interested to see how long it lasts.

I like the way you can pay £35 for a screw gun (which I admit looks the Biz) then they are advertisin' a mini tool that sings dances and makes tea for £199 !!!!! Probably why you can get a cheap screw gun.... ;)

sorry todrag this thread up again but how have you found the silverline gun? At £35 its a steal if it does the job.

I usually tend to steer away from silverline but I cant justify paying hundereds for a tool that I will only use once in a blue moon so thought this might be a good alternative

collated guns are all godd and well but you need a screw gun too. for any screws that dont quite screw in flush with boards.

On a similar theme has anyone used one of these, and are they any good?

http://www.bricky.com/building-tools/drywall-screw-bit.html#product-info

The way I see it they must just reach the correct depth and then start spinning around the screw head. Which seems a bit clumsy to me and must chew up a bit of the head?
i use them they are good value for money or they may even come free with the screws, best way to use them is to set the drill to what torque you want so its not to strong and send the screw through the board set it so it stops when the screw is just under flush with the board , there is nothing clumsy about them they work lovely

I've never seen them in with the screws, I've only ever got the standard Phillips No 2. I'll have to get some to try I think, I suppose they're cheap enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back