Screw on Trianco Eurostar Riello oil pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I seem to have stripped the thread on the screw on this oil pump, while trying to bleed it. I believe it's a Riello Rdb Pump, and this is the pressure gauge connector screw - it has a 15mm hex head, and I *think* it's an m16 screw. (It's the plain silver one, that sits just below the black pressure-regulating screw.)

Can someone confirm, and give any advice on where to buy a replacement / whether it needs to be anything special or "any old" M16 screw will do / perhaps give tips on removing it etc?

Basically the screw head is spinning, without ever tightening OR coming off, and oil is leaking.

I expect I'll have to take the whole boiler unit off (I've done this before); drill out the screw with one of those handy reverse thread screw extractor thingies; and hope the female thread in the pump housing is sound and my replacement screw fits perfectly and is oil tight under pressure!

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
IMG_7274.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back